Part-Time Assistant to the Chaplain / Chaplaincy Assistant (20 to 40 hours Bi-Weekly)
Race Track Chaplaincy of America – Pennsylvania Division, Inc. 501(c)3
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America – PA is a religious organization that provides for the needs of the 3000+ backstretch workers, and their families, who tend the horses. Several hundred live and work at the Philadelphia Park Race Track (PARX). The Chaplaincy facilitates a food pantry, meal tickets, health services, transportation, educational opportunities, counseling, worship services, Bible studies, daily devotions, devotional material, clothing, bedding, and much more. The Chaplaincy provides everything a vital Christian community needs with the help of dozens of volunteers.
This position requires a person who holds a strong interest in the well-being and spiritual growth of the track workers and can work with others on the staff as well as ministry volunteers.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Spanish/English bilingual communication skills both written and oral preferred.
- Planning, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office products and Social Media
- Telephone and direct communication with donors and staff.
- Knowing what to do with incoming donations.
- Holiday party/event planning, organizing, and implementation.
- Assisting the Chaplain with projects as assigned
- Decorating of Office, Rec Hall, and Chapel.
- Assist clients with navigating the social safety net.
- Some lifting and loading needed
Work Location: On Site
Reply: firstname.lastname@example.org / 267-223-3398